VISITORS COUNTER

contador

31 May 2014

USING VOKI AVATARS IN THE CLASSROOM

In my search for engaging and motivating my students, I have found the website www.voki.com. Some people may not agree with the use of this tool with students, but the fact is that, if something works, then it is right. Instead of asking my students to write an ordinary composition describing their bedrooms so they can practice "There be" and the prepositions of place, I thought it could be different to do it in a different way. So I asked them to register in this site and create an avatar. Then they had to write ther description of their room in the text box that comes with the avatar. The fun of it is that they can make the avatar speak their written words so they not only write but also listen. Here are some examples of their work.


No comments: